Thursday, September 08, 2005

academia


things appear to be shaping up quite nicely. i have secured part-time employment & will start on the 19th [gives me time to keep looking]. nice schedule [9a-1p/ m-f], decent pay for the work [making phone calls], etc. not really enough to survive on by itself. just as i was looking to see what else to augment my income with [aside from research studies, of course], i got a call from the director of my graduate program asking me if i would be interested in a position as a graduate assistant! again not great pay, but a really good opportunity that ends up working very well with my new schedule. this will be a great foot in the door for future teaching aspirations should i have them [and i think i do]. my now flexible/part-time schedule will enable me to start taking new clients where i am doing my intership, so that when i graduate and can start getting paid as a therapist, i will already have enough of a caseload built up to begin amounting to an income. i was also just informed of a class being offered by the oklahoma society for psychoanalytic studies, specifically on psychoanalytically oriented psychotherapy, that i could get in on at a great student rate. who would have thought that i would get ahead in my professional development by leaving the profession? more importantly, who would have EVER thought someone would be asking ME to be a graduate assistant? my how the tables have turned.

1 Comments:

Blogger jöe said...

sounds like a deal... btw i have a proposition for you. expect a call over the weekend.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home