Thursday, September 22, 2005

chillin



thanks to everyone for your concern and encouragement during this trying time... except for cody, that was the most jacked up thing i've ever heard of... anyway, my allergies [as i've decided they must be] have begun to subside, and things are slowing down. i started my new job on monday, and it is cake... i basically just make phone calls to senior citizens asking if they want home health care, and the productivity standards are so low that i can't even believe it! i guess the company must be making a killing, so they don't need to crack the whip. our shift met its quota today, which was lowered even from what it was initially set at, and we don't have to work on friday! sweet action. i'll be spending my day finishing homework for class this weekend, and then be in class friday night and all day saturday. amanda's [my] family will also be in town and we'll be with them saturday and sunday... so i guess things have not slowed down at all...

a quick story: i went over to some friends house this evening for a meeting, and arrived a few minutes early. i was met at the door by a strange man that i did not recognize, who i quickly realized was the father of one of my friends. he ushered me in and had me sit down on the couch. as far as i knew, neither of my friends were home [they recently had twins], and i assumed they would arrive shortly. as i settled in to wait, i heard my friend's mother knock on the bathroom door and say "ok honey, your time is up", the door slowly opened and i heard the sound of my friend's voice, as she stepped out into the hallway, i looked up just in time to see her holding breast-milk pumps in each hand, as her mother continued, "oh and joe is here". as you can imagine, this was not an ideal situation from either of our perspectives, but she quickly disappeared into the kitchen, only to emerge a moment later and say "hi joe, can i get you anything to drink? we've got tea, diet coke, pepsi..." i quickly said that a pepsi would be fine and apparently stopped her just short of offering me milk... we had a good laugh about it later, and no one was permanently traumatized.

good times.

5 Comments:

Blogger jenn said...

don't die : (

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear it man. i hear liquor helps way more than all that other stuff...just what i hear though.

i'm going today to do that parents-with-or-without-alcohol-and-drug-problems research study. you end up getting in it?

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked every medical book I could find, and I don't see where anyone has ever died from the above-mentioned maladies...so hang in there!!

10:52 AM  
Blogger jöe said...

hey "anonymous", who are you?

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aahhhhhhhhh if I told....then I wouldnt be anonymous....tee hee

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home