Tuesday, April 18, 2006


well, i have finally done it. finally put all my eggs in one basket, finally whittled my obligations down to only one job. i made the call yesterday & quit my [by now] only 1 day-a-week construction job. my boss was keeping me on, more for my sake than his, & we parted on good terms. no more excuses for not getting things done, caught up, & staying caught up. i can put all my energies toward therapy & continue full speed on the trajectory i started almost 3 years ago when i enrolled in grad school.

not that i hated the construction job or anything, it was just frustrating to work a full day's manual labor knowing that i could make the same amount of money in only a few hours, & be using my training instead of being the guy who doesn't really know what the hell he's doing. it was fun while it lasted, & i wouldn't have wanted to work with any other group. it really did save me from a pretty miserable job situation previously. but i'm happy to be movin' on. here's to everyone finding satisfaction in whatever you do...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cool photo to accompany your very cool post on this very cool blog.

12:34 PM  
Blogger aem said...

freedom from The Man. enjoy.

11:57 PM  
Blogger jöe said...

i would formally respond to that cody, but i'm not sure which of your 19 online places i should leave the message. you don't even know WHO you are do you? you're a clown, a fraud. who needs THREE seperate myspace accounts?! and a xanga, and a blogger account? i'll tell you, someone who desperately craves attention, and who probably is addicted to cybersex (among other things), that's who.

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's all a part of my master plan, you see?! i knew that by insulting you, i would get comments on all of my 19 online places! attention is mine! mwahahahaha!

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home